Ancillary Event Application deadline is Friday, January 19, 2024
The Canadian Association for HIV Research (CAHR) is accepting requests for ancillary events in conjunction with the 33rd Annual Canadian Conference on HIV/AIDS Research (CAHR 2024). All ancillary events must be scheduled outside of the official CAHR conference program, which runs from approximately 5pm on Thursday, April 25th to 1pm on Sunday, April 28th.
The Scientific Committee will review all Ancillary Event applications after the application deadline of Friday, January 19, 2024. Ancillary Event organizers will be advised in early February 2024 if their application was successful. All efforts will be made to accept all ancillary event requests, however, depending on the number of requests received and the specifications of each event it may not be possible to accommodate all requests.
Benefits of holding an Ancillary Event at CAHR 2024
Upon approval of your event:
- CAHR will post your ancillary event information on the CAHR Conference website
- CAHR will mention your ancillary event in select Conference marketing emails
- CAHR may provide complimentary meeting space (if available) at the Delta London or RBC Place London.
Responsibilities of holding an Ancillary Event at CAHR 2024
Upon approval, the organizer of the ancillary event is required to:
- Provide the full title of the event.
- Provide event information (up to 200 words), including the nature of event, its purpose, the target audience, key participants, and any other information of value and interest
- Provide information on any restrictions regarding participation from Conference attendees (i.e. by invitation only, for members only, only for researchers from a specific geographical region, etc.). The organizer is responsible for Pre-Registration. CAHR encourages all ancillary events to be open to Conference attendees if appropriate.
- Communicate audio visual and food & beverage requirements to the venue directly. Please note that CAHR does not cover any Ancillary Event costs.
- Provide preferred room set up. CAHR will take into consideration your request, but does not guarantee the requested option will be provided. If you require a different layout from what was assigned to your event, this request should be done directly with the venue. CAHR does not cover any costs arising from room set up changes.
- Submit a one-page summary of the event that can be posted on the CAHR website post-Conference.
- All efforts will be made to accept all ancillary event requests, however, depending on the number of requests received and the specifications of each event it may not be possible to accommodate all requests.
Ancillary Event Application
To apply to hold a CAHR 2024 ancillary event, please complete our online application form.
You will be asked to provide the following details:
- Organization hosting the event
- Organizer name with full contact information
- Date requested and length of event in hours
- Topic or title of ancillary event
- Brief description of ancillary event
- Speakers (if confirmed)
- Preferred meeting room set up, for example rounds, theatre style or board room
- Expected number of attendees
- Attendance details (open to all delegates, or by invitation only). If by invitation only, please describe who is invited and the invitation process