The Canadian Association for HIV Research (CAHR) is accepting requests for ancillary events in conjunction with the 28th Annual Canadian Conference on HIV/AIDS Research (CAHR 2019). All ancillary events must be scheduled outside of the official CAHR conference program, which runs from approximately 4:30pm on Thursday, May 9th to 1:00pm on Sunday, May 12th.
Benefits of holding an Ancillary Event at CAHR 2019
Upon approval of your event:
- CAHR will post your ancillary event information on the CAHR Conference website
- CAHR will mention your ancillary event in select Conference marketing emails
- CAHR will include your ancillary event information in the CAHR 2019 Onsite Program
- CAHR may provide complimentary meeting space (if available) at TCU Place in Saskatoon
- You will receive recognition associated with holding your event at the CAHR Conference
Responsibilities of holding an Ancillary Event at CAHR 2019
The organizer of the ancillary event is required to:
- Provide the full title of the event
- Provide an electronic copy of the event synopsis (up to 100 words), including the nature of event, its purpose, the target audience, key participants, and any other information of value and interest
- Provide information on any restrictions regarding participation from Conference attendees (i.e. by invitation only, for members only, only for researchers from a specific geographical region, etc.). The organizer is responsible for Pre-Registration. CAHR encourages organizers to allow ancillary events to be open to all Conference attendees if appropriate.
- Communicate room set-up, audio visual and food & beverage requirements to the venue directly and adhere to the deadlines provided. Please note that CAHR is not responsible for any costs associated with your Ancillary Event.
- Submit a one page summary of the event that can be posted on the CAHR website post-Conference
Ancillary Event Application
To apply to hold a CAHR 2019 ancillary event, please complete our online application form.
We will be asked to provide the following details:
- Date requested and length of event in hours
- Topic or title of ancillary event
- Brief description of ancillary event
- Speakers (if confirmed)
- Preferred meeting room set up, for example rounds, theatre style or board room
- Expected number of attendees
- Attendance details (open to all delegates, or by invitation only). If by invitation only, please describe who is invited and the invitation process