The Canadian Association for HIV Research (CAHR) is accepting requests for ancillary events in conjunction with the 29th Annual Canadian Conference on HIV/AIDS Research (CAHR 2020). All ancillary events must be scheduled outside of the official CAHR Conference program, which runs from approximately 4:00pm on Thursday, April 30th to 1:00pm on Sunday, May 3rd.
Benefits of holding an Ancillary Event at CAHR 2020
Upon approval of your event:
- CAHR will post your ancillary event information on the CAHR Conference website
- CAHR will mention your ancillary event in select Conference marketing emails
- CAHR will include your ancillary event information in the website version of the CAHR 2020 Program
- CAHR may provide complimentary meeting space (based on availability) at the Quebec City Convention Centre
Responsibilities of holding an Ancillary Event at CAHR 2020
The organizer of the ancillary event is required to:
- Provide the full title of the event
- Provide an electronic copy of the event synopsis (up to 100 words), including the nature of event, its purpose, the target audience, key participants, and any other information of value and interest
- Provide information on any restrictions regarding participation from Conference attendees (i.e. by invitation only, for members only, only for researchers from a specific geographical region, etc.). The organizer is responsible for Pre-Registration. CAHR encourages organizers to allow ancillary events to be open to all Conference attendees if appropriate.
- Communicate room set-up, audio visual and food & beverage requirements to the venue directly when required and adhere to the deadlines provided. Please note that CAHR is not responsible for any costs associated with your ancillary event.
- Submit a one page summary of the event that can be posted on the CAHR website post-Conference
Ancillary Event Application
To apply to hold a CAHR 2020 ancillary event, please complete our online application form.
Ancillary Event Requests Online Application Form
We will be asked to provide the following details:
- Name of the organization hosting the event
- Organizer name with full contact information
- Preferred date requested and length of event in hours
- Topic or title of ancillary event
- Brief description of ancillary event
- Speakers (if confirmed)
- Preferred meeting room set up, for example rounds, theatre style or board room
- Expected number of attendees
- Attendance details (open to all delegates, or by invitation only). If by invitation only, please describe who is invited and the invitation process