Ancillary Event Application deadline is Monday, January 9, 2017
The Canadian Association for HIV Research (CAHR) is accepting requests for ancillary events in conjunction with the 26th Annual Canadian Conference on HIV/AIDS Research (CAHR 2017). All ancillary events must be scheduled outside of the official CAHR conference program, which runs from approximately 5pm on Thursday, April 6th to 1pm on Sunday, April 9th.
The Scientific Program Committee will review all Ancillary Event applications after the application deadline of Monday, January 9, 2017 and select which Ancillary Events are accepted. Ancillary Event organizers will be advised by early February, 2017 if their application was successful.
Benefits of holding an Ancillary Event at CAHR 2017
Upon approval of your event:
- CAHR will post your ancillary event information on the CAHR Conference website
- CAHR will mention your ancillary event in select Conference marketing emails
- CAHR will include your ancillary event information in the CAHR 2017 Onsite Program
- CAHR may provide complimentary meeting space (if available) at the Hôtel Bonaventure Montreal
- You will receive recognition associated with holding your event at the CAHR Conference
Responsibilities of holding an Ancillary Event at CAHR 2017
Upon approval, the organizer of the ancillary event is required to:
- Provide the full title of the event
- Provide an electronic copy of the event synopsis (up to 100 words), including the nature of event, its purpose, the target audience, key participants, and any other information of value and interest
- Provide information on any restrictions regarding participation from Conference attendees (i.e. by invitation only, for members only, only for researchers from a specific geographical region, etc.). The organizer is responsible for Pre-Registration. CAHR encourages all ancillary events to be open to Conference attendees if appropriate.
- Communicate room set-up, audio visual and food & beverage requirements to the venue directly. Please note that CAHR does not cover any Ancillary Event costs.
- Submit a one page summary of the event that can be posted on the CAHR website post-Conference
Ancillary Event Application
To apply to hold a CAHR 2017 ancillary event, please email the following information to email@example.com:
- Organization hosting the event
- Organizer name with full contact information
- Date requested and length of event in hours
- Topic or title of ancillary event
- Brief description of ancillary event
- Speakers (if confirmed)
- Preferred meeting room set up, for example rounds, theatre style or board room
- Expected number of attendees
Whether the event is open to all Conference attendees or a closed meeting. If closed, please describe who is invited and the invitation process.