Membership in CAHR is open to all who are involved in or interested in HIV research in Canada. CAHR Members consist of Canadian (or permanent resident resident) academic researchers, students, fellows & trainees, and community-based researchers. All others, including NGO and government agency representatives, nurses, employees of pharmaceutical companies and HIV community members are considered to be Associates. Associates receive mailings and enjoy all the benefits of membership, but may not vote at the annual general meeting.
As part of their annual membership fee, CAHR Members and Associates are eligible for a wide range of benefits, including but limited to:
- receiving CAHR e-bulletins on a quarterly basis
- the opportunity to have input into CAHR’s research direction/agenda
- invitations to workshops and symposia, as they occur
- ability to run for nomination to the CAHR Board of Directors and vote at Annual General Meetings
- access to platforms, publications, and tools developed by the Association
- discounts at Fairmont Hotels
- supporting the Association in promoting HIV research
You can apply for membership by completing the form below. Please note, when submitting your application online, your cheque or money order must be received by mail before your application can be processed. Payments should be mailed to: Canadian Association for HIV Research, 236 Metcalfe Street, Suite 302, Ottawa, ON, K2P 1R3.
A candidate with acceptable qualifications shall be considered a member in good standing as soon as he/she has paid the membership dues.
The membership year for CAHR begins at the start of the annual CAHR Conference and continues until the start of the next annual CAHR Conference. All membership fees received in a calendar year will be good to the end of that calendar year and up until the start of the next Conference. However, if someone joins by registering for the CAHR Conference, that registration includes membership fees for the coming year, beginning at the start of the Conference.