The Canadian Association for HIV Research (CAHR) and the Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research (CANFAR) are pleased to announce the 2022 winners of the CAHR-CANFAR Excellence in Research Awards.
These awards are bestowed annually to mid-career researchers who while at the prime of their careers have achieved a track record of excellence and demonstrated a commitment to improving the lives of those living with HIV with or at risk.
The 2022 winners of the CAHR-CANFAR Excellence in Research Awards are:
- Basic Sciences: Dr. Mohammad Ali Jenabian (Université du Québec à Montréal)
- Clinical Sciences: Dr. Cecilia Costiniuk (McGill University)
- Epidemiology-Public Health: Dr. Angela Kaida (Simon Fraser University)
- Social Sciences: Dr. Adrian Guta (University of Windsor)
- Community-Based Research: The Thrive PRA Team (Sharyle Lyndon, Antonio Marante, Patience Magagula, Claudette Cardinal)
Awarded since 2017, the CAHR-CANFAR Excellence in Research Awards winners are honoured each year at the opening ceremonies of the CAHR Conference to highlight the achievements of investigators in all pillars of HIV research.