The Canadian Association for HIV Research (CAHR) and the Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research (CANFAR) are pleased to announce the 2021 winners of the CAHR-CANFAR Excellence in Research Awards.
These awards are bestowed annually to mid-career researchers who while at the prime of their careers have achieved a track record of excellence and demonstrated a commitment to improving the lives of those living with HIV with or at risk.
The 2021 winners of the CAHR-CANFAR Excellence in Research Awards are:
- Basic Sciences: Dr. Ralph Pantophlet (Simon Fraser)
- Clinical Sciences: Dr. Alex Wong (University of Saskatchewan)
- Epidemiology-Public Health: Dr. Mark Gilbert (University of British Columbia)
- Social Sciences: Dr. Sarah Flicker (York University)
- Community-Based Research: Dr. Randy Jackson (McMaster University)
Awarded since 2017, the CAHR-CANFAR Excellence in Research Awards winners are honoured each year at the opening ceremonies of the CAHR Conference to highlight the achievements of investigators in all pillars of HIV research.