The Canadian Association for HIV Research (CAHR) and the Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research (CANFAR) are pleased to announce the 2019 winners of the CAHR-CANFAR Excellence in Research Awards.
These awards are bestowed annually to mid-career researchers who while at the prime of their careers have achieved a track record of excellence and demonstrated a commitment to improving the lives of those living with HIV with or at risk.
The 2019 winners of the CAHR-CANFAR Excellence in Research Awards are:
- Basic Sciences: Blake Ball (National Laboratory for HIV Immunology / National HIV & Retrovirology Laboratories / JC Wilt Infectious Disease Research Center / Public Health Agency of Canada)
- Clinical Sciences: Kelly O’Brien (University of Toronto)
- Epidemiology-Public Health: Sharmistha Mishra (St. Michael’s Hospital, University of Toronto)
- Social Sciences: Trevor Hart (Ryerson University)
- Community-Based Research: Melanie Lee (on behalf of the 33 PRAs of CHIWOS)
Awarded since 2017, the CAHR-CANFAR Excellence in Research Awards winners are honoured each year at the opening ceremonies of the CAHR Conference to highlight the achievements of investigators in all pillars of HIV research. This year’s ceremony will take place in Saskatoon on May 9th, 2019. For more information on the CAHR-CANFAR Excellence in Research Awards, please see: https://www.cahr-acrv.ca/excellence-research-awards/ or contact Andrew Matejcic at Andrew.Matejcic@cahr-acrv.ca