The Canadian Association for HIV Research (CAHR) and the Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research (CANFAR) are pleased to announce the 2018 winners of the CAHR-CANFAR Excellence in Research Awards.
These awards are bestowed annually to mid-career researchers who while at the prime of their careers have achieved a track record of excellence and demonstrated a commitment to improving the lives of those living with HIV with or at risk.
The 2018 winners of the CAHR-CANFAR Excellence in Research Awards are:
- Basic Sciences: Dr. Adam Burgener, University of Manitoba
- Clinical Sciences: Dr. Darrell Tan, University of Toronto
- Epidemiology-Public Health: Dr. Ann Burchell, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St. Michael’s Hospital
- Social Sciences: Dr. David Brennan, University of Toronto
- Community-Based Research: Dr. Winston Husbands, OHTN
Awarded since 2017, the CAHR-CANFAR Excellence in Research Awards winners are honoured each year at the opening ceremonies of the CAHR Conference to highlight the achievements of investigators in all pillars of HIV research. This year’s ceremony will take place in Vancouver on April 26th, 2018. For more information on the CAHR-CANFAR Excellence in Research Awards, please see: https://www.cahr-acrv.ca/excellence-research-awards/ or contact Erin Love at firstname.lastname@example.org