The application process is now closed.
Are you an enthusiastic, committed individual with a keen interest in HIV research? Do you want to expand your network to include those from across the country? Do you want to be part of the largest national gathering of those working in all disciplines of HIV/AIDS research, as well as policy makers, persons living with HIV and other individuals committed to ending the pandemic? Apply to become a CAHR Conference volunteer!
Only a limited number of volunteers can be accepted and will be selected on a first come, first served basis. Volunteers who are available for the full Conference are preferred. The volunteer coordinator will be in contact with you in March to let you know if your application was successful.
Volunteer roles and duties may include any of the following tasks:
- Conference Bags: Fill Conference bags with printed materials
- Registration: Distribute name badges and Conference bags and provide information
- Meeting Rooms: Assist in the management of the session rooms
- Posters: Provide assistance to poster presenters during set up and display
- Positive Lounge: Assist with the management of the Positive Lounge
- Gala Party: Direct or greet guests and assist with logistics
- Directional / Special Services / Floater: Provide directional information and assist attendees with special needs
Volunteer benefits, in recognition of 10 hours or more of volunteer service, you will receive:
- FREE registration to attend the Conference sessions while not on volunteer shift
- FREE attendance at some social events, e.g. Opening Reception (this is not guaranteed)
- FREE T-shirt and Conference bag
- Opportunities to network with HIV researchers from across Canada